Went to a pub mixer, practice mode.
What I did right:
- Warmed up (unintentionally) at store next door– talked to Egyptian lady with cool name who looks and sounds Hispanic; she thought I had great style and that I should be a designer, not a boring fill-in-the-blank. While she was showing me handcrafted soap, I leaned in and smelled her (“Is that you or is it the soap?”) then pulled back.
- Walked in the pub with a friendly, open vibe; introduced myself to the first table, sat relaxed, and settled in.
- Maintained upbeat, fun attitude.
- Ate big steak and drank red wine (subliminally: “Yeah, this is how a man dines”).
- Teased blonde who sat next to me. Let her talk more and used her stories to tease her.
- Ignored or only mildly acknowledged hotter chick next to blonde who was talking to relentless nerdy guy and tried to insert herself in my conversation with blonde chick.
- Ignored two boring chicks in front of me who didn’t respond well to teasing.
What I’ll do next time:
- Keep eyes away from conspicuous boobs. Ladies, if you don’t want guys staring at your rack, please cover them up.
- Sit in between the two chicks.
- Go for the guaranteed hookup even if she’s not as hot (the blonde was clearly having fun talking to me and was mirroring me towards the end).
- Maintain high value by not approaching hottie you ignored all night, especially if she’s already traded digits with relentless nerdy guy.
- Exit early. Don’t linger. Lingering = creepy. Exiting decisively = alpha.
LL Keep teasing. #1 job is tease. Do push-pull next time.