Practical things to do to avoid or get out of depression:
- Exercise regularly. Run. Lift. Fight.
- Get sunlight. Get out of the house. Go to the cafe. Chit-chat with the high-pitched Latina barista.
- Eat fish.
- Sleep well, seven hours regularly.
- Keep in touch with friends and family.
- Redirect attention from your thoughts to an activity or friends.
- Avoid the wrong crowd. Go where you’re wanted.
- Avoid sugars and simple carbohydrates.
- Eat fruits and vegetables.
- Get help. Read. Reflect. Do yoga; gawk at the hotties in between poses.